In January Ryan went for a job weekend interview in the Seattle area. We heard from the company a few days later with a job offer. We spent a couple weeks talking about it, praying about it, and waiting to see if any other opportunities would present themselves. It's always nice to have a couple options, but in the market today, that's not always a possibility.
Last weekend Ryan and I dropped Cassia off at his Mom's and the two of us went back up to the Seattle to see where we could be spending the next x-number of years of our lives. It was beautiful! I've never been to Seattle, but there were so many trees, even in the winter (thank you evergreens) and lots of water. So different from what I'm use to, but luckily they also have mountains. The day we flew in started out pretty fogging and gray but by afternoon the sun came out and I was only wearing a sweater, in February. That just doesn't happen here. So, I was given a false impression of the weather, but I enjoyed it!
On Monday Ryan called the company and accepted the job, so in May after Ryan graduates we will be leaving for Washington. I've been through all sorts of emotions. We've been here so long that it really feels like home. It will be exciting to establish ourselves in a new place and not be students any more. All and all I'm pretty excited!
P.S. We've been a little slack at taking pictures the last few weeks, so I'll have to get on that. Cassia has been playing peek-a-boo with EVERYTHING lately. She hides behind blankets, the couch, my floor rug, tupperware lids, and anything else she can grab and put over her face. It's hillarious!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys. But sad at the same time. You live here in Utah and I hardly get to see you now. Once you move I will never get to see you. Who knows maybe I will be able to convince Jay we need to plan a trip to Seattle!
Yeah, that's so exciting. I guess there really is life after school. It's nice to be reassured of that. I love Seattle area too. What a fun change. You should let us know when you are packing the truck so we can come help. We would love to repay you for helping us. Anyway, let us know. P.S.Cassia is so cute.
Congratulations! Washington state is so beautiful. Too bad I live in the other Washington, but it is a bit of a connection. Say hi to the Pacific for me!
Congratulations guys! It will be fun to finally have some cool people living near us. :)
That's awesome! Congrats. :)
Wow! Congrats you guys! Seattle is really nice. It's one of the few places both Nathan and I could agree on that isn't Texas or Arizona. What's his job? What company?
Post a Comment