Dear Family and Friends,
It has been a quick year for the Whittiers. We are surprised that we are about to start 2012! The new year also looks to be quite exciting for us.
Our family is doing well. Cassia and Madsen are growing up very quickly. Cassia is your average 3-1/2 year old troublemaker. She is learning to read and loving it. She also loves doing puzzles, playing with her dolls, and swinging at the park. She is very excited for starting Sunbeams in January. She especially likes that her mom will be her teacher! Madsen is also doing well. He is very active and has a rapidly growing vocabulary. He loves playing with trucks and balls. He tells us every time he sees a truck as we are driving around.
Crystal and I are also doing well. It has been a very busy year for me at work. I have been assigned to a couple of projects that have been quite challenging. I spent the majority of the year providing structural engineering technical support for an overhaul of the aircraft carrier USS NIMITZ. I also traveled to Japan for 3 weeks in August and September to support work on the USS GEORGE WASHINGTON. Things are finally starting to settle down a bit. Outside of work, I find that I do little more than play with the family and try to maintain the house. That’s enough to keep me occupied!
Crystal is doing well. As most of you know, she is expecting our third child, a little girl, in January. We are all excited (though mostly terrified), for being outnumbered, and Crystal thinks that it can’t come soon enough. We even, gulp, purchased a minivan to accommodate the new family. We are still coming to grips with that one… Apart from that, Crystal spends most of her time entertaining the kids and practicing her cooking hobby. Yum!
We hope that the holiday season finds all well with you. We wish y’all a very Merry Christmas, and hope for a wonderful start to the new year!
The Whittiers
Ryan, Crystal, Cassia, and Madsen
3 comments:
What a lucky family to have a mom that has a hobby of yummy cooking! Mmmm...maybe I'll join your family. ;)
What a fun year to read about. Good luck on being outnumbered and adjusting to the mini-van, ha ha. :) Actually, now that I've got kids, I understand the value of a mini-van, though I can assure you my husband would rather cut off his own leg with a dull knife than purchase a van.
Can't wait to see the new baby! Good luck!
Ryan, Crystal, Cassia, and Madsen. What a busy fun year it has been. Thanks for the update, what an excellent way to send a family newsletter. I hope the new year is the best and that the adjustment to # 3 will see you all as pro's. You are such a fun, happy, energetic, intelligent, attentive, loving family. All the best to all of you throughout this new year.
I LOVE IT! Thanks for the updates and I'm soooooo excited to see pics of your new little one...oh, and don't worry, having a minivan is not that bad. I love mine :) haha!
Post a Comment