Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June Happenings


I can't believe my last post was a month ago. I guess we've been busy, so I'll let you know what the busyness was all about.


Idaho Visitors
Ryan's Mom and sister came and spent a few days with us at the beginning of the month. It was fun to have them here and so nice to have some family see our new life.

Grandma and Cassia. I think Cassia is picking her teeth, not her nose. Just so you know.


Ryan, Cassia, Katie and I went hiking up Green Mountain close by. It was gorgeous and great to get my feet up a mountain again.

Ryan and Cassia at the top.


Katie and I at the top.


Katie and Cassia playing with toys.


Cassia and Friends
Cassia with her friend Alex. They play really well together even though they are 1 1/2 years apart. When we try to take Cassia home Alex says, 'No, she's my best friend'. It's hilarious!


We've discovered Cassia loves spaghetti. It's not always the cleanest meal.


Cassia with her friend Evelyn. I believe she's trying to show her where her nose is. Evelyn's parent's watched Cassia while we went to the temple in Seattle. It was so nice to go to the temple. Thanks guys!


Ryan trying to convince Cassia to be an engineer already.


Camping

We had a family reunion to attend this past weekend and being the paranoid parent's that we are weren't sure how the camping experience was going to go with Cassia, so Ryan set up the tent in the living room to let Cassia check it out beforehand. It actually ended up being a lot of fun for the whole family and we played in it most of the evening.


Cassia and I in the tent, in the living room.


Cassia doesn't hold still enough to be able to fall asleep in a bed with Ryan and I (believe me we've tried), so we had to find a way for her to be warm enough in her pack and play. This is what we found, a pink leopard skin snow suit. Pretty huh? She's actually slept pretty good in it once she got over the fact that she couldn't stand up with it on.


Ahhh! She's loose. Cassia groggy in the tent. We went to my mom's side family reunion. We were the only ones that ended up camping, but we had a blast. It was nice to see all my relatives and get to catch up with them. My parents came for the reunion and then spent a couple days at our house. I didn't get any pictures of them here, but my dad took a ton, so when I steal some from him I'll put them up. It was wonderful to have them here.

5 comments:

Janell H. said...

I LOVE ALL THE PICS!!!! Thanks for the update!!!

Adam said...

I enjoyed the lengthy update. Cassia has so much hair now, and she's very blonde! Miss you guys.

Lindsay said...

How fun....glad to hear an update! :)

Adam and Dinae Pitcher said...

I love the idea of setting the tent up in the living. That was very creative and would be a fun activity. I love all the pictures.

Thanks for commenting on our blog, especially about being thin again...Hurray for that! It means a lot coming from you.

Katie said...

Evidence of me playing with a toddler. Rare sighting.

Happy Belated Anniversary, by the way!