Monday, January 25, 2010

Virginia and more...

Cassia had me make her and Mary these necklaces. She has so much fun and is becoming very imaginative girl lately.


Cassia is now using the big potty more than her little potty, but she decided it made a good book reading seat anyway. I knew I should have bought her a little chair for Christmas.


We took a trip to Virginia this month. Cassia and I were there for 9 days and Ryan came out for 5. I was too busy having fun to remember to pull out the camera, so if any of my family has pictures they want to send my way, feel free.
Cassia hanging out with Aunt Janell and Uncle Jeremy.
The highlights of the trip:

-Going to the Children's museum. My Mom, Ryan, Cassia and I drove over to Richmond to check out a children's museum. My brother Jeremy and crew (Janell and Parker) met us there. Cassia LOVED it. She was pretty much going for 2 hours checking everything out. We wish we had something like it closer to us. Afterward we went out to dinner. It was a blast.

-Bowling with my brother Isaac and his wife Katie. Katie was 38 weeks pregnant and I was 28. Still Katie won the first game and I won the second. Wish I could say our husbands were going easy on us, but I'm not sure that it the case.

-A birthday party for my Dad. I haven't been around for my Dad's birthday since 2004, so it was nice to be there to help him celebrate. We had a Sunday dinner with most every one and I got to try a German chocolate cake from scratch. The cake turned out good, the frosting was pretty sad, but it's hard to make pecan icing without pecans or coconut.


-Katie's baby shower. It was so nice to be there for my sister-in-laws baby shower. I'm excited for them to have their little boy and was thrilled to be there to support her at the shower.

-Surprise baby shower for me. My family threw me a surprise baby shower. This was my very first one so I was so happy! We even had the boys in the family attend and it made it all the more entertaining.

Cassia and cousin Parker.

- Just seeing my family! I hadn't seen any of my siblings in over a year so it was a blast to spend time with them. Thanks to all my family for taking time out of your schedules to come over the river and threw the woods to Grandma's house to see us. It meant the world to me to see you all so much. I love you! My sister Amber is living in California and so it's still been over a year since we saw her. Hopefully we'll see her soon!

6 comments:

Tracey said...

Is Cassia potty trained???!!!! Ummm, if so, you are amazing. Alexis isn't even close! Glad you were able to go chill with your family, it looks like you had a great time:)

Hotel Hancock Happenings said...

Bowling was fun and thanks for coming to my baby shower. Maybe Cassia and Lily will actually play more together next time. Cassia and Mary look adorable!

Whittier said...

Tracey,
Cassia is not potty trained all the way, but she's getting better all the time. She started showing interest at 18 months and we just ran with it. She still wets during the night and naps, but most day time hours stays dry. I'm just counting my blessings!

Don't stress about Alexis. Each kid has their timing for these sorts of things and it's best to go with their timing.

Marisa Jean said...

I haven't seen pictures of your family forever, what a treat! I think you and your sis-in-law are seriously impressive! Maybe I should go bowling! Ha ha...

I just have to say that ever since reading the words "german chocolate cake", I've started drooling and I might have to go make one, although I can assure you that I will NOT be making the entire thing from scratch. Maybe the cake, but not the topping.

Lindsey said...

Wow, Cassia is so advanced. Also I still love that her baby's name is Mary. Eliza has a gorilla that Blaine named Katie. :) Cassia is so cute!

Tawnie said...

Sounds fun! You are having a baby soon! Yikes! Time is flying.