Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Miss Independent


Lately Cassia wants to do EVERYTHING by herself. It's not the quickest process and sometimes she throws a fit when I try and step in. But, she's actually getting pretty good at some things. Here she is trying on the extra clothes she found in the diaper bag. I think she has 4 shirts and two pairs of pants on in these pictures. We have to help with the shirts still, but she can put on underwear, pants, socks, and sometimes shoes by herself.

She still needs lots of help in the bath of course. My dad used to always give my sister and I these "witches hats" and we loved it.

She is finally mastering a spoon, which is a lot nicer for clean-up.

So proud!

I think her favorite part of breakfast is drinking the milk out of the bottom of the bowl. She always gets really excited.

And she' now has a big girl bed. I talked to Ryan about this last week and he said that if I changed the bed that we could do it, so I did (with Cassia's help). I've been amazed though. She's done even better than expected. She hasn't come out of bed yet. She just stays until we come and get her. She did fall out of bed Sunday night. I found her on the floor crying and a little shocked. Luckily she's really close to the ground.


She's also doing so well with potty-training. She's in underwear during waking hours and has very few accidents. I'm so proud of my little girl and can't believe fast she's growing up. Now I guess we'll see how she does with the change of having a little brother. She's really a mama's girl and always wants me to play and be with her, so it could be a challenge.

4 comments:

Amber Hancock said...

She's not even two for pete's sake! You guys must be doing something (or a lot of things) right with this kid for her to be learning and developing so quickly. Tell her to slow it down or I'm going to miss everything. I love you.

Marisa Jean said...

She must know big changes are coming and wants to prove she's ready to be a big sister...speculation, of course. I love when little kids demand to dress themselves--even if it is with layers and layers of clothing. While not pleasant for the parents, for us on-lookers, it's hilarious! :)

Lindsay said...

She is so big. I love her hair! She is super cute, and I love her new bed.

Amber Hancock said...

p.s. love the witch's hat... good times. miss you sis.