Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Birthday Girl

We try to cram as many birthdays into as little time as possible.  Only 6 1/2 from my birthday to Cassia and we're done for the year.  Cassia loved being the birthday girl!  She told me a number of times that she should get to do "____" because it was her birthday.  Fun for her...somewhat exhausting for her Mom.  She's worth the effort though.
Cassia loves puzzles, so she got LOTS of them.
Cute little apron to help in the kitchen or do messing crafts (not that I know what that word even means really)


A new doll which Cassia named 'Sandy'.

Skying it up with the Grandparents.
My amazing cake making skills.  The frosting is literally melting off the cake.  Non-dairy frosting is something I've far from mastered.



















All and all I think Cassia had a good day.  We weren't able to do much because she had a cold, but I tried to spend as much time as possible doing what she wanted to do (reading books, playing airplane, etc)  Happy Birthday Cassia.  I love you!

3 yr stats:
Weight: 30 lbs (43%)
Height: 37 inches (50%)
--Pretty average girl as far as build goes right now.

Here are some random pictures of Cassia the last little while.  Cassia is amazing in so many ways.  She has a growing imagination and runs around the house all day play this that or the other.  Her favorite right now is to reenact the stories in her princess book (Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty).  She calls Ryan her 'Handsome Prince", but I'm usually the 'Jealous Queen' and today she told me I'm the 'Evil Fairy'.  Cassia loves to sing and read books, as usual.  She also likes puzzles, play dough, swinging, and pretty much anything that Madsen is doing at that moment.  The last little while Cassia will use a word without knowing.  She loves to learn new things and will often ask, "can you tell me that again" after I've explained something.

Playing with Madsen's toys always gives her such joy.
Hanging out with wheat, black beans, and oats.  I guess grain makes for good pillows.

3 comments:

Jan said...

I loved the way Cassia sang "...happy birthday DEAR Cassia . . ." She is very dear indeed!!! Thanks for sharing her birthday with the grandparents. It means the world to us, I'm sure I speak for Grandpa and Grandma Hancock too -

Love Ya'
-Grandma Whittier

Marisa Jean said...

Holy cow, you're not kidding, you do have a lot of birthdays in a row. My goodness!

That Cassia is a doll!

Teresa said...

It has been so much fun to enjoy their birthdays with them (Cassia and Madsen). Grandma Whittier was right. Skyp is the best. I love the picture of both of your kids on their grain pillows (They are darling)