Thursday, April 7, 2011

1st Birthday Boy

Time passes so quickly.  My little baby is quickly turning into a little boy.  We celebrated his 1st birthday at the end of March.  It was fun to have a day to focus and him and try and do things that would make him feel special.

He was loving all the paper.

A new book!  One of Madsen's favorite things right now is to read books.  He grabs a book off the shelf and crawls, while dragging it along, over to Mom or Dad.  Then he begins hitting us with the book until we read it to him.  Once we have read it we usually give it back to him to play with and he will hit us with it again until we read it again.  Okay so I don't think he's trying to hit us, just give it to us, but he is very insistent about his story being read.  It's adorable.

Cassia was very willing to help Madsen with his new toys.

Trucks!

All ready for his birthday cake.  We took a video of Madsen eating his birthday cake, but after a dozen failed attempts of uploading it I'm giving up for now.  Here's the singing instead.  You'll notice his grandparents joined us via Skype.  Gotta love technology.

Balls!


12 month stats:
Weight: 24 lbs 6 1/2 ounces (73%)
Height: 29 1/2 inches (48%)
Head Circumference: 19 (92%) - whoa, no wonder it's a struggle to get some shirts over his head.


Here are few more random photos and facts.  Madsen loves to laugh.  He's very serious looking sometimes, especially around strangers, but at home he's looking for anything to get him laughing.

He loves  peek-a-boo.  He even started playing peek-a-boo with his reflection the other night.  He would duck down so he couldn't see himself and then pop up laughing at himself.

Madsen loves to eat and is finally being weaned (to soymilk).  His new favorite words are crackers (which sounds nothing like crackers really) and cup.  Anytime we're in the cupboard he crawls over saying "crackers, crackers."

Madsen spends a lot of time attached to my legs in the kitchen.  He can take a few steps in between things, but hasn't made it to independent walking yet.
I love you Madsen!  I'm so glad you're part of our family.  You bring me so much joy.  Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

8 comments:

Jan said...

Wonderful pictures! Little Madsen is really turning into a boy now in such cute ways. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of his birthday celebration. I love my webcam!!

-Grandma Whittier

Lindsay said...

What a cute little boy! I can't believe he is already a year old. Time sure does fly!

Janell H. said...

What a great idea with Skyping the birthday!

Mindy said...

A year old already? Wow! I love that's he playing peek-a-boo with himself! What a cutie.

Lindsey said...

He has the sweetest smile! Love it! Happy Birthday Madsen!

The Oakey's said...

Happy Birthday Madsen! He is such a cutie and a big boy!

Marisa Jean said...

A year already! I love the information about him hitting you with books...ha ha...love kids.

Also, holy cow. Charlotte must be severely under-weight because she's barely around 18 pounds and will be a year in a month. Maybe I should start feeding her more....I dont' know how that's possible, but I'll try! :)

Teresa said...

I love this; leg hugging, book banging (and anything else he can bang), growing, smiling boy. Love, Gramma H.