This past month we had two birthdays and took a trip to Utah (via Boise). Since I post so infrequently lately all of that will be captured in this post in random order. Ready, set, go...
 |
| Cassia with 'Logan'. Grandma Whittier has about 100 puppets that she's collected to share with her grandchildren. Cassia thinks they are awesome. |
 |
| Reading books with Grandma Whittier in Boise |
 |
| Ryan and Madsen on Ryan's birthday. We celebrated at Ryan's Mom's. |
 |
| Happy Birthday Daddy! |
 |
| She made this awesome cake. |
 |
| Arrr! |
 |
| We visited with some friends (Calkins). We also visited with some other friends, but I didn't get any pictures...bummer. It was great to visit with the people we saw. I wish we would've had time to see more. Madsen and Conner sharing. |
 |
| Attack! |
 |
| Alex and Cassia on the chairs |
 |
| Random picture of my boy with almost cleared up rash. Such a cutie! |
 |
| Cassia kick'n it with Aunt Katie and her 'friend' Garrett. |
 |
| No comment |
 |
| My birthday 'cake'! My birthday was the day before we went on our trip. I spent most of the day packing for our 10 hour drive to Boise. It was then another 5 hours to SLC, with two little kids. YUCK! |
 |
| Happy Birthday Mom! |
 |
| Look at that excitement. |
 |
| Boxes are awesome. |
 |
| Ah! |
 |
| Oh yeah, the reason for our trip. My brother Adam got married. Did you know there are fish at Temple Square? |
 |
| Here come the happy couple now. And my Mom with her Dad. |
 |
| Smile Guys. |
 |
| Cassia with Grandpa Hancock |
 |
| My sister Amber |
 |
| Cassia and my beautiful new sister-in-law Heather |
 |
| I love stairs! |
 |
| Parker, Jeremy, Madsen, Crystal, Amber, and Janell |
 |
| Thumb sucking! Super cute, but I really hope it's not a long-term habit |
So there's our adventures. Driving with 2 kids for 30+ hours during the 8 days went a little better than expected, but we wouldn't sign up for it again anytime soon. The worst was when Cassia had an accident, then she kept waking up Madsen when he was trying to sleep, and when Cassia fell asleep he ripped a whole handful of her hair.
We loved being able to see so much of our family on the trip. We spent a couple days with Ryan's Mom in Boise, then went to SLC where we rented a house where we and some of my family (Mom, Dad, Grandpa Law, Adam, Amber, and Angela) stayed. It was so fun staying up playing games and just talking with my siblings. I love and miss them so much. My brother Isaac wasn't able to make it because their little boy Liam was born like 1 week before, but everyone else was there.
The wedding was beautiful. Elder Holland preformed the sealing. It was amazing to sit in the temple and be taught by him. It was even more amazing to watch my brother and his bride be sealed for eternity. An experience I will always treasure. I'm so glad we were able to go and be there with him.
5 comments:
I'm glad you had a good trip. It was fun to see you and your kids!!!
Thanks for sharing! Especially, thank you for planning a visit with me into your trip. The pictures brought back special memories. I love you all so much!!
You do indeed have a beautiful new sister-in-law. It was fun to see pictures of your family in Salt Lake. How special that you were together for a few days. If your siblings are as good at playing games as you and Ryan are, you had some serious competition going on.
Love Ya'
-Grandma W.
Oh my heck! How wonderful that he got married! I'm in love with his wife's dress! Seriously.
It's funny how much you love your siblings when you're older. Not that you didn't love them before--you always did, but I value my family so much more now then I did when I was younger.
The drive sounds awful. I can't drive 20 minutes without my kiddo screaming, so I can't even imagine what a 30+ hour trip (even spanned out through several days) would be like. Ug. Makes me shudder to thing about it.
Wow, that is a LOT of driving! We're considering a 10 hour drive this summer with Kylie and that almost seems like too much for me. I'm glad you got to spend some time with your family. Wish we were in Utah to have seen you.
It was fantastic, and your preparation and packing, cooking and cleaning made it even better. Thank you so much for everything. I am glad all of you were able to spend time together talking. I know it meant so much to everyone. Love, Mom
Post a Comment