Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer vacation

Over memorial day we went to Ryan's Mom and just relax and enjoyed some time with her, Grandpa David, and Ryan's sister Katie.  This is Cassia and I getting ready for church.  I guess Ryan was loving the big mirrors.  We also got a chance to meet David's (our new grandpa) kids and grandkids.  They were great and we enjoyed our visit with them.
Poor Tori spent A LOT of time in her carseat, with the 10 hour drive there and then back a few days later
Cassia got this paper from church and was really grumpy a few days later.
What do you do with little kids in Boise?  Visit the caterpillar store of course.

The kids loved it.  Madsen is really into tractors these days.

And Cassia thought a dumper was the perfect place for a rest.


After we got back to Grandma's he had a new appreciation for the miniatures.
We also went to the zoo.
Cassia loved the mere-cats.  She talked to them for quite a while, "Aw...you're so cute, aren't you?", over and over again.
We pretty much just hung out, tour several city parks, used the neighborhood pool and few times, and even got in some good flats runs.  All and all is was great.  Grandma and Gramdpa are headed to Palmyra, N.Y. for a 12 month mission in August so we were happy to have some time with them before they left.  Love you Grandma and Grandpa.  Thanks for letting us come see you.

2 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

You have some serious troopers for kids. All that time in the car and still you haven't gone insane. I'm impressed!

How fun to get away here and there with the family.

And I think I changed my mind. I think that Tori looks like Madsen. I don't know! they all have similar features. :)

Janell H. said...

I can't decide--I see Grandpa Hancock, Madsen, Crystal, Ryan, and Cassia in lots of Tori's expressions. She definitely belongs in this family!
Love the tractor pictures!