Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Whittiers in December


Completing the tree
If this is decorating then I'm in.
 



Cassia came into the kitchen one night with googly-eyes. We thought it was hilarious!
Too scary.

Weird!
Ryan and team made a gingerbread aircraft carrier at work this Christmas season.  Here he is carving out the flight-deck.
All baked and ready to decorate.  Unfortunately cameras aren't allowed at the shipyard so we're still waiting for the shipyard photography staff to post a picture of the finished project.
There were two deer hanging out in our back yard when we went out too play.  They were not very excited about us disturbing their nap.  Here's one slowly getting ready to walk back into the woods.
Cassia happy it's not raining and we can play outside.
Swinging.
With the left-over dough from the flight-deck I made a TON of gingerbread cookies, but only circles.
So we made some gingerbread snowmen.

Here's Madsen's snowman.  The other boy is a friend our ours.  He and his little sister come over on Thursdays while their Mom helps in their brother's Kindergarten class.  So once a week for 3 hours I have 5 kids under 5 at my house.  Let me just tell you it's made me grateful I don't have any twins.  We do love having friends over to play though, and things go well for the most part.
Our first snow.  Here's Madsen in the snow and rain.  Snowmen don't melt here they get rained away.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Nice flight deck Ryan. I love the gingerbread snow men too. We only made a few fluffy bits and gluten-free brownies this year.

Janell H. said...

Those googly-eyes are AWESOME!

Marisa Jean said...

Those eye pictures totally made me jump! Ha ha!

And I love that they made a gingerbread aircraft carrier at work. That's awesome!