Wednesday, August 19, 2009

In Loving Memory

This month has been a whirlwind so far. Ryan's Dad who has been fighting cancer for the last year and a half was told by the doctors, early this month, that there was nothing else that could be done. Soon after we heard this we took a trip to be with him and Ryan's family. It was very difficult to see him so sick, but a time we will always treasure as we were able to see him one last time, get advice, express our love, and say our goodbyes. I will always remember the precious moments we had with him.
Last Thursday Ryan's dad passed away and we again took a trip to Idaho to be with his family and for the funeral services. The funeral was again difficult, but something I'll always remember. Ryan and his sister spoke about the lessons they have learned from their Dad. It was amazing to hear of the great father he was and the things that he taught. The biggest thing that stood out to them was "Leave things better then you found them."

Ryan's dad was a wonderful man. He was always so kind and welcoming to me. He really made me feel a part of their family. I will be forever grateful for that. We will miss him so much! So much of what I know and love about Ryan came from his Dad. Right now it's hard for me to believe that we won't be able to see him again in this life. I'm so glad I'll be able to see him in the next!

His obituary if anyone is interested.

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

We are sad to hear of his passing. We pray for your family! He sounds like a great man!

Marisa Jean said...

Oh Crystal, I'm so, so sorry. My eyes are all watery from your nice words regarding him. I know he'll be watching over you until you can meet again. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

Aaron Hancock said...

Thanks for posting this tender information on your blog. We love you guys.

Dad

The Oakey's said...

I am so sorry to hear about Ryan's dad. It is such a blessing to know that you will see him again. Know that you will be in our prayers!

Adam said...

It was nice to talk to you today, Crystal. It was great to hear you talk about Kevin and how you know he's happy and probably catching up with Adam.

Alicia Steere said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I haven't been the best at reading the blogs lately but wanted to send you and Ryan our prayers!

Mindy said...

We're here for you if either of you need to talk. We're thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers.

Tracey said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. What a blessing that we have the gospel, so you guys can know that you will see him again. I wish your family the best.