Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas in the house

Like many of you, we've been busy getting ready for Christmas. This year is the first year since...childhood that I haven't had a job at the Christmas season, so I've actually had a chance to get ready for Christmas before the week of. It's been a blast!

Grandma Whittier thanks for the magnet advent calendar. Cassia absolutely LOVES it, and I'm actually able to get some dishes while she's busy playing.


Cassia getting ready to decorate the tree. The top half of our tree is decorated with our regular ornaments, the bottom half is dollar store ornaments. Then I won't cry when Cassia breaks them.







I hate these pictures, but since my family isn't around to see the progress here it is, my growing belly. I'm now 5 1/2 months along and way bigger than I was last round. Our little boy has been moving around like crazy lately. I love to feel his little kicks and stretches. Cassia likes to look and talk to my belly. She says the same things to my belly that she does to babies, so I think she kind of understands. It's really cute!

5 comments:

Adam and Dinae Pitcher said...

The picture of Cassia with Ryan decorating the tree is precious. She is growing up so fast. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Marisa Jean said...

I love seeing the belly pictures! :) And to get ready for Christmas before the week of, wow, how would it be?!? I hope you four have a very Merry Christmas!

Janell H. said...

That's so cute that she talks to the belly :) You look great, so healthy ahd happy and vibrant!
Cassia has grown up a lot!
Parker would totally dig that calendar, too. Magnets are universally appealing!

Hotel Hancock Happenings said...

I loved it when we loved those kicks and stretches. Now kicks and stretches usually involve Katie wincing and my jaw dropping as we can see Hudson's back/feet/fists shifting from one side of Katie's belly to the other.
Oh, he's also getting into his actual sleep habits which involves Katie waking from kicking every morning at 4:30...consistently. It is nice to know he's so strong; 6 weeks to go if we make it to the due date. Mind you Lily was 3 weeks early and 7 lbs 11 oz, so making it to the end of January should be challenging.

Lindsay said...

Cassia is so fun! And thanks for posting a belly picture! :)