Despite what my last few posts may have suggested, that Ryan and I are just the two of us again, we do still have children. Both of our camera's have had dead batteries so some of these are pretty old.
Cassia is growing up so fast. She talks and sings our ears off all day long. She loves to read books, sing songs, play the piano, but most of all she loves to pretend. She's in her own little world most of the time going to the store, the park, the airport, Grandma's, aunt and uncles. She LOVES to 'make food' and is making good use of her food set she got for Christmas. She also loves to take care of her 'babies', her doll and stuff animals, and makes sure they get there naps, eat their food, and get their diapers changed. This week we've been enjoying 40's and have been outside everyday playing on the swing-set. She loves it! Cassia is our joy and my challenge. She makes us laugh all the time! She is a 2 year old for sure, and we don't always share the same opinion. She has been so much better with Madsen lately which Madsen and his parents really appreciate. Cassia is still loving learning. She knows her ABC's and the sounds they make, can count (mostly accurately) up to 30 and just loves learning new things. I love my little girl!
Madsen is growing super super fast. I forgot how quickly babies grow and change. Madsen's been crawling for a couple months and can get around and get into mischief pretty quick these days. He loves his sister and wants to be right where she is and playing with what she's playing with. He is starting to like books and will sit in my lap and help me flip the pages. He love peek-a-boo and laughs harder for Cassia than anyone else. This guy can eat an amazing amount of food. He often eats as much or more than Cassia. Madsen is a sweety. He loves to cuddle and be held. He often pulls up and me legs and stands there crying until I pick him up. It's really interesting to make dinner with a 10-month-old attached to your leg. He likes baths, eating, blocks, books, tupperware, hitting toys on tables, standing at the piano on his tip-toes and playing the keys, swinging, playing games with Dad, and so many other things. He does not like changing clothes, getting in his car seat, get his face clean or nosed wiped, and waiting for food. I love this little guy and am excited to see him learn to walk in the next couple months. This is such a fun stage!
So, here's some pictures and videos of what they've been up to.
 |
| All ready to go shopping |
 |
| Popping away |
 |
| Madsen keeping a careful eye on his sister, as he should |
 |
| Laundry day! |
 |
| Sorry, old picture...I love the nativity cast though |
 |
| Here's how it's done Dad |
 |
| Ahh!! |
 |
| Too close |
 |
| Still too close |
 |
| Can you read me a story? |
 |
| Princess Cassia |
 |
| My snuggles...I live for this! |
7 comments:
So cute! Madsen really is getting so big and he has the sweetest smile! Cassia is beautiful, as always! I know how it is with the two year old though! Oh my! One minute Eliza and I are laughing and playing and having fun, the next minute she is yelling about wanting marshmallows and is super ticked off I won't give her any. It's a wild ride! Love it.
It was so fun to see the new videos and pictures! I really enjoyed being part of the navity cast. The pictures of Cassia and Madsen are precious. They are growing and changing so much! I absolutely loved the last picture of you, Crystal, with cuddly Madsen. You are such a beautiful daughter, wife and mom!!! As I have expressed before, Ryan Did GOOD!!! Thanks for taking the time to share -
Love Ya'
-Grandma W.
I love these sorts of updates. I'm still amazed at how quickly time goes by. Somedays it's hard to remember to simply enjoy the moment because it will be gone all too soon (especially with a toddler around).
I LOVE the last picture of you and Madsen. You just look so happy.
Madsen's super-sonic laugh is ADORABLE!!! I am amazed how big your little ones are and can't wait to play with them in 2 weeks at the reunion/wedding!! My favorite picture is the one of Madsen keeping an eye on Cassia, and how her hair is all fanned out as though she is running :)
I totally want to hang out when you are here. What days are you coming? I didn't get an email because my email address changed you can send it to c.oakey24@gmail.com
Let me know. We are going to St. George for a few days but other than that, March is WIDE open!
Your kids are so cute!!!!!
Yay! It worked! I'm able to read again! Thanks!
That little guy of yours is to die for! His smile just melts you. I find it funny that kids can make each other laugh and smile much easier then adults can.
So cute!
Every little boy should have a balloon ball attached to their hand. I love Cassia's somersault too. He is a cuddly baby-how fun. You look beautiful(and happy) in your blue sweater and your baby's snuggles. Cassia is a fun princess.
Post a Comment