Monday, March 15, 2010

One year older...

That time has come and gone again...birthdays for Ryan and I.

My birthday was Feb 25th:

I got LOTS of sweets. My husband either likes me fat, or just loves me a lot and knows I crave sugar. I also got flowers from Ryan and my parents (and an Outback gift card for Ryan and I). Thanks!


My little present helper (with a cheesy smile) and I.


Presents! I got some fun things: some kitchen stuff, pj pants, and new running shoes. I can't wait to get back into shape!

All and all my birthday was wonderful! Ryan showed up at the door my birthday eve with flowers and sparkling cider. The next morning I kept finding my favorite candy all over the house. At the play group I go to my friend had cupcakes and another friend brought me a balloon and candy. After the playgroup I found more flowers on my doorstep. I got calls and e-mails from many of my family and friends. And we had Papa Johns for dinner so I didn't have to cook, and BTS cake for dessert. It was wonderful and I really felt loved and appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Ryan's birthday was February 28th:

You know good things come in small packages right?


Ryan got running shoes as well. He's actually been out using them too.


Ryan's Mom said she had got us something a little different for our birthdays. What is it?


Fancy toothbrushes! My mouth feels refreshingly clean now. Thanks!


Since my birthday was just 3 days before we still had lots of cake left, so Ryan requested Jello as his dessert. How many of you can say you've had a jello cake?

I think Ryan had an okay day. It was Sunday and we had Stake Conference. Ryan ended up translating a 2 1/4 hour meeting into Spanish and was physically and emotional exhausted after that. I felt bad, but we had a relaxing afternoon and evening. We had a delicious BBQ steak dinner. I made most of the dinner, but Ryan grilled up the steaks. He makes the best steaks ever! Ryan I hope your birthday was okay and you know how much I love and appreciate you!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Looks like some good times. Glad you got spoiled. You deserve it!

Janell H. said...

Glad you and Ryan had awesome birthdays! It's so nice when people do little things to make us feel loved for our birthdays :)
Cassia is ADORABLE with her big cheesy grin in all the pictures.

Marisa Jean said...

How interesting that your birthdays are so close together.

The flower story was so sweet..aww...you are in love! Ryan is a good lad. I'm glad you found him.

Adam and Dinae Pitcher said...

HaHa Jello! I make a yummy jello cake for real. I made it for Kaylee's birthday because it is pink if you put strawberry jello in it. You just bake a white cake normally then poke holes in the cake and pour the jello on top. Then let the jello set up in the fridge. It's a cold cake and very moist. I'll probably do blue jello for Spencer. I'm glad you had good birthday's.