Thursday, August 8, 2013

Crazy 2 week trip back east - D.C., Delaware, and Philidephia

Nation Zoo in D.C.
Highest point in Delaware (in a nice little neighborhood).
Ryan and I have a goal to summit the highest point in each state.  This was #2 for us.

Not quite as intense as Mt Borah in Idaho, but we did it.  HA!
Our dear rental car...lovingly named by Cassia, "the stink bug car", because of the black color, I think.

I'm in the money!

Cheese Steaks stands on the street!  How cool is that?  We did try some cheese steaks while we were there and they were excellent.
Independence Hall.

By this time in our trip we were all pretty tired, and it was blazing hot!  We enjoyed the D.C. Zoo, Museum of National History, and hanging out on the Washington mall.  Then we drove to Philli, had some cheese steaks, saw some sights in the morning, and after 5 different flight changes we made it home to Bremerton.  All and all a pretty amazing trip.  There were lots of time that we said, "when the kids are older".  We really enjoy being able to see our families and being together as a family for so long.  Like I told my Relief Society class when I was teaching one week, if someone asked I could spend one day with one person who would it be, I would always pick Ryan.  It was so nice to get away (even with the kids) and spend so much time with the man that I love, and our energetic kids!

No comments: