Thursday, August 8, 2013

Ragnar Northwest Passage - 2013

Ryan decided to put together a Ragnar team.
The kids joined us for most of the daytime hours.
12 runners
2 vans
196 miles
Each runner runs 3 legs, ranging from 2.5 to 9 miles.
Cheering us on.
after my first run
Ryan's first run.
all day, and all night
you even get to glow in the dark!

8.9 miles later he finishes run 2.
Starting my final run
So happy to be finished!
Ryan had the final leg...here we are coming in at the finish line.  We all waited for Ryan at the finish line and then ran the last bit as a team, Ryan pushing Madsen and Tori in the stroller, and Cassia and I running along side.

The whole team, consisted mostly of Ryan's co-workers and signficant others (spouses, fiances, girlfriends)
We had a great time hanging out with this bunch.
With a time of 28:29:41 we took 97th of 373 Overall, and 49th of 217 for our Mixed/Open category.
2 free pizzas at the finish line.
I highly recommend Ragnar to anyone who likes to run and enjoys being around lots of runners.  They have Ragnar races all over the county.  It was a totally unique experiences that I absolutely loved.  Being engulfed in a running community for that many hours was so much fun.  I'll tell you this much there were a lot of fit people who are just as crazy as I am around.  It was a blast!

2 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

This is awesome! I don't love to run, but think it would awesome to do something like this one day. It's really neat that you and your husband have equal enthusiasm for it. Nice work, missy!

Amber Hancock said...

I love the picture of you and Madsen at the end of your run. Such a good mom!