Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Crazy 2 week trip back east - New York

Grandma and Grandpa (a.k.a. Sister and Elder Hansen) have spent the last year serving a mission in Palmyra New York.
Palmyra Temple
Awww!
or NOT!
Getting a good walk.
Gotta just run them sometimes no matter where you are.  Races at the temple grounds.
Niagara Falls!  So cool!
Slipping across the border.
The crossing.
Canada side.
The printing shop where the Book of Mormon was first printed and published, with Grandma as our lovely missionary guide.
Visitor Center at Hill Cumorah.
The top of the hill (big hill!)
Made it!
Taking a break.

Erie Canal.  Ryan and I both got in 12 mile runs along this while we were there.  Pretty neat!

Me and my babe!
New York was great.  We loved seeing Grandma and Grandpa and being able to see them at work as missionaries.  It brought back a lot of memories of serving my mission on Temple Square and showing people around the sights there.  For some reason I expected something spectacular when I thought of visiting the Sacred Grove and Hill Cumorah.  It wasn't what I expected, but it was familiar.  It was the same calm peaceful feeling I have when I'm on temple grounds, when I read scriptures, and when I pray.  Being there I knew these were sacred places and that God loves me.  I know Joseph Smith was called to be a prophet and I'm grateful that he was.  My life is so blessed by those who have gone before me and paved the way so my family can have our faith and the peace and joy that comes with it.  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for showing us around New York and sharing your faith in Jesus Christ with us!

1 comment:

Marisa Jean said...

Love hearing your testimony. Wish I could see those things first-hand, too. But even though I haven't, or can't, I know they happened. I'm sure the peace there was awesome!