Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Favorite Things

There are a few things that no matter how upset (almost) Cassia gets they are sure to cheer her up, or at least distract her for a minute.

1. Going outside - It's funny, once in a while we'll be on our way outside to play, my hand touchesthe door knob and then I remember something else I need, so I go to get it. She'll start crying because she wants to go outside. This is becoming a problem as the weather is cooling down and the LONG winter is nearing. We'll have to find some really good winter clothes.

2. "Popcorn popping" - No idea why but Cassia loves this song. If she's really upset all I have to do is sing "I...." and she stops and listens. The calm only last 1-2 rounds, but it's a good break.

3. Riding on Dad or Mom's shoulders. If we want this girl to go from frowning to smiling we just put her on our shoulders and there she goes. Disadvantages, pulling our hair, licking us, and so on.

6 comments:

Janell H. said...

CUTEST VIDEO EVER!!! So that's Cassia's theme song!

Jeremy said...

You sound just like the lady on some primary song cd we must have once had . . . or I imagine we had. You're such a cute mommy.

Adam and Dinae Pitcher said...

That going outside thing sounds familiar to us, the other two we never tried. Kaylee loves her blanket, stroller and balls. More recently it is books & fridge magnets. Of course there is always food, she gets so excited by food its crazy. Anyway, she's a cute girl.

Katie said...

I'll see y'all this weekend!

Zann said...

Nice blog jerks, thanks for letting us know you had one:). JK OH wait, you had no idea we had either. I don't think I could put myself singing on my blog. Not even to our little man. That was brave. You have a good voice do not get me wrong, but I am very self-conscious. She is too cute for her own good.

Lindsay said...

she is cute