Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Birthday in Pics and Words


So, I knew those videos on the last post would take awhile to upload, so I uploaded them throughout the day. I didn't however get to tell you about our day with little Cassia, so instead of editing the previous post here is Cassia's birthday, part 2.

Ryan's parents came and spent some time with us. They even watched Cassia for a couple of hours while Ryan and I went to the Temple. It was nice. We haven't been able to go that often since Cassia joined our family.

We then had the birthday cake. What was not captured by camera was me making the frosting. Cassia wanted to be in my arms (as usually) while I was frosting the cake. So there we were frosting away, when all the sudden she dip her fingers into the bowl and started licking away. I guess my theory that keeping the sweets away will help sweet things taste too sweet back fired. After that I gave her to Grandma and finished frosting in the cake. By time I was finished with the cake she was pointing at is and was all excited. What can I say, I'm a good cook!

Cassia then needed a nap (mid party, not sure what's that about), so we visited with Ryan's parents and they went and checked into there hotel. While we were waiting for them to be ready to go to dinner some ducks came to join our party. They were just hanging out in our front yard. Cassia likes ducks. Duck is one of the 4 words Cassia can say.

We went to Cafe Sabor and then came home and opened presents. So there you have it. Cassia's b-day in pictures and words.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Fun, what an exciting birthday. I could have told you about the sweets. I mean, if Cassia has a sweet tooth I don't think you can stop it. Plus, if Cassia is her mom's daughter, which she is, then she has a bit of a stubborn streak and she'll probably do what she wants anyway. :) She is such a cutie!

Adam said...

How awesome. Happy Birthday Cassia!