It was an exhausting day for me, and most likely pretty relaxing for Ryan. I have previously been skiing twice, at Beaver, on the bunny-hill. My eyes were totally open to the world of skiing. I have yet to understand how people go quickly down a snow covered mountain without crying out of sheer terror. I for one took my time. One long turn at a time, much to the annoyance of all the other skiers on the hill.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Adventure for two
Last Friday Ryan skipped work and school and I skipped work and we went skiing. It's highly uncommon for Ryan to do something irresponsible, but as he told several people, "Might as well go skiing while the slopes are close by". So what did we do? We drove 3 hours to my in-laws in Twin Falls and spent the night there. Then while our precious daughter was with Grandma and Grandpa we drove 2 more hours to Sun Valley to enjoy the "close" skiing.

It was an exhausting day for me, and most likely pretty relaxing for Ryan. I have previously been skiing twice, at Beaver, on the bunny-hill. My eyes were totally open to the world of skiing. I have yet to understand how people go quickly down a snow covered mountain without crying out of sheer terror. I for one took my time. One long turn at a time, much to the annoyance of all the other skiers on the hill.
It was an exhausting day for me, and most likely pretty relaxing for Ryan. I have previously been skiing twice, at Beaver, on the bunny-hill. My eyes were totally open to the world of skiing. I have yet to understand how people go quickly down a snow covered mountain without crying out of sheer terror. I for one took my time. One long turn at a time, much to the annoyance of all the other skiers on the hill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I would be right there with you, Crystal! The bunny hill is enough for me. That's fun that you were able to get out and have a day with just the two of you.
Yay! Sounds like a good day to play hooky! Glad you guys had fun :) I see little kids on those black diamond trails zooming straight down and I don't understand, either!
I should have skipped my Boise meetings... we could have done long turns together. But I still haven't forgiven skiing for humiliating me on my 25th birthday.
Anyway, Happy Birthday to Cassia tomorrow... this neglectful aunt bought her a little something something but prefers to wait until I can present it in person.
Happy 1st Birthday to Cassia!!! Did she like our b-day card? Give her lots of hugs from all of us and a kiss from Lily. *Lily loves blowing kisses now :)
Sounds like fun, or it would if I skied! I tried it once and hated it. I just don't like being cold. But yay for y'all getting out and doing it! And I agree with you, one long path from the top to the bottom is crazy!
I can't tell you how happy this post made me! I too have gone skiing (snowboarding) with Wade and I will never do it again! I don't quite understand the joy in such an expensive/dangerous hobby! haha I took my sweet time going down the hills as well...we would be perfect skiing buddies! :) That is, if the hubby's go skiing, then we can just have hot cocoa in the lodge!
I've been cross-country skiing before and I cried out in sheer terror every time there was a descent. It's then that you realize that in cross-country skis you have absolutely no way to steer, so you just look for the softest snowbank to break your fall.
I'm glad Ryan had fun!
And Happy Birthday Cassia!
Post a Comment