Saturday, December 1, 2018

November - life for the Whittiers

In November we had some more exciting things (Korea trip...see next post), but these pics are just from our regular day to day.
Kids love this "Earn an M&M "job chart.  Will work for candy!

Local festival.  This was a total "girl-band", complete with a group of guys as the fan club.  Very entertaining!
Hmm...Kannonzaki festival cotton candy (on a set of chopsticks of course)
How big of a mess can I make?  Diving in face first.
And another festival.  This thing was pretty unstable and almost got knocked over by some kids hugging it.
Ryan got himself a favorite Okinamiyaki.
Life was super busy, so in between Piano, Run Club, and Activity Days we grabbed ourselves some pizza on base.
Randomly my friend brought us this beautiful pie!
Run Club season #4 - in the bag
Ryan and I coached again and we had the BEST group of kids this season.  They worked so hard and killed the 5K at the end.  Our own kids did pretty good too.
Cassia at the 1st quarter awards ceremony.  She received the highest award "Principal Honors" for a 4.0 GPA
She was also recognized as one of 15 students in the grade that one a PRIDE award (Preparation, Responsibility, Integrity, Dilligence, and Excellence).  Cassia got the award for excellence.
She TOTALLY deserved these two awards.  In additional to her regular classwork Cassia also took 6 math tests in 1 week to proved she knew her stuff and could advanced to a higher math class.  She was exhausted, but she made it and is loving her new math class!  So proud of her hard work and determination this quarter.  Cassia, you are excellent!
No I did not let the kids get tatoos.  Yes, I did let my friend paint these amazing "face-paintings" on them on Thanksgiving.  We enjoyed having a couple families and some missionaries over for Thanksgiving dinner.  I guess this is the only picture I snapped.  Oh well.

No comments: